Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Hearthrob Valpo

I loved Valparaiso from the first day. My taxi driver shared directions to  his favorite hidden gems, fish markets and cerros. The bright and beautiful Planeta Lindo is a hostel with an abuelita mural, roof top kitchen and terrance with spectacular views of the city and bay. The first afternoon i wandered the animated streets, admiring all the characters painted on the walls, stairwells and buildings. In the morning I attempted yoga poses on the sun roof and jogged to Pablo Nerudas house. I was fast friends with my Brazilian roommates and we took a field trip to Vina del mar to spend the day at the beach. The last day i went bouldering on some rocks by the sea. The grip of granite on my chalky hands was enough to counter the salty spray from the crashing waves. Monday morning i took a bus  at 5am, back to Santiago to start my first day of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment