Saturday, November 29, 2014

Santiago to Stay

Morning classes coaxed me into a routine. Wake for breakfast, take the metro to school, ask teachers for extra homework, take school work to a cafe or park, and celebrate with an adventure. Most adventures would really equate to a long walk, as i love to taste the tempo of each neighborhood. 
My favorite museum in Santiago was the Museum Memoria. I visited twice and could go back again. The comprehensice yet personal narration of the Pinochet dictatorship expanded my identity as a world citizen. 
My school organized activities for the students daily, my favorite was the soccer game. Thursdays after school a group of us met at the park and played on a small court. The games were fast, chaotic and fun. I ended up scoring 5 goals earning the title ‘estrella’. 

No comments:

Post a Comment